Last Updated on Sunday, 05 June 2011 11:50
At the Aurora Skate Center, the management and ownership take the concept of "community resource" very seriously. Among the many channels available to skaters are several avenues to express competitive instincts and competitive drive. There are avenues available to each temperament and each physical activity style preference within the world of roller skating to satisfy each person's personal quest toward discovery and enthusiastic learning.
Think of the options available to each of you:
- Figure Skating: the "Science" of skating. Strength, balance, and aerobics are among the primary benefits of figure skating. Options include: Men's and Women's Figures, Team and Solo Dance, Free Style and Pairs.
- Speed Skating: the wind and dream flyers of our sport. Strength, endurance, and aerobics (the feeling of flying) are among the primary benefits of speed skating.
- Women's Roller Derby: the Aurora Roller Skating Center host its own, young, and developing Women's Roller Derby league. At this time, women's derby is limited to practice sessions on Tuesday and Sunday night starting after the last activity. See the "Daily Calendar" for updates on each of those days. Practice Sessions are closed; by invitation only.
- Roller Hockey: There is no Hockey team at the Aurora Skate enter. Please call the rink and we will tell you of any skating venues that host roller hockey.
- Recreation Skating: many opportunities occur each weekend in the greater Chicago area for recreational skaters. Our Monday night "Organ/Dance" session with Frank Pellico (the organist for the Chicago Blackhawks) is the perfect venue for adult skaters wishing to retain or regain their physical stamina and balance.